Author’s Note: I wrote this in 2012 and nothing has changed. And I included Trump back then!
There are internet filters out there. Mostly designed to block porn and spam, whether for companies or for home use. And, of course, some countries use filters to ban sites or, occasionally, to shut down the whole web.
I want something much simpler: a filter that ensures I never see another word about non-essential, inconsequential, shallow, silly, meaningless and just plain stupid topics of my choosing. Sure, I can just ignore these things, but I don’t even want the headlines and photos in my real estate.
In short, I want an anti-B.S. filter. Something that makes the following people and topics disappear from my vision:
- Kardashians – Would somebody please explain to me what any of these people have done other than be rich? They’re not even attractive IMHO.
- Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie – See above
- The Duggar family – When did having a ridiculous amount of children become something to celebrate?
- Tim Tebow
- Brangelina – I only want to hear about their artistic endeavors, not the brainless celebabble.
- Rush Limbaugh – Beneath contempt
- Keith Olbermann – Does the left no favors.
- Sarah Palin – Stupid is as stupid does.
- Jersey Shore (actually virtually any reality show will do here)
- The Octomom
- Casey Anthony
- Donald Trump – How does a man whose businesses have declared bankruptcy at least three times and who came within a whisker of personal bankruptcy become a business hero?
- Mel Gibson
What about you, dear reader? Who would you add to your Anti-B.S. Filter?
Categories: Random thoughts